Open Positions are:
Do you love to be part of a superstar team building revolutionary solutions, and have fun while doing it? Are you excited about a fast-paced environment where you can learn form the best, and make concrete contributions to an awesome solution? We are a VC-funded startup building an internet-free mobile platform that provides integrated payment services and business management tools to small businesses. We have office Espoo, Finland and Lagos, Nigeria.
As an intern, you will work with our team on real projects, providing you an invaluable insight into the crucial growth phase of a young startup.
We seek interns to fill positions in:
- Business development: creating strategic market entry plans, doing market research.
- Web development: updating company website (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Social media marketing: managing and growing social media presence, including marketing campaigns and ads.
- Video production: creating viral videos for product awareness.
We require a background in the relevant field, with a portfolio of previous works, and a great attitude. We offer you a chance to learn from a great team, and contribute to real world solutions. Compensation will be discussed at interview.
To apply, send your CV and portfolio to info@ziroopay.
CHIEF TECHNICAL OFFICER
Do you love to lead small teams, build revolutionary game-changing solutions, and have fun while doing it? Do you care little for formalities, but can lead multicultural teams to deliver tangible results within tight deadlines? Then welcome on board the rocket!
As CTO, you will be responsible for overseeing the company’s ground-breaking technology offering, its front-end client-facing software applications and its backend database and infrastructure. You will also be involved with fund-raising meetings as part of Ziroo’s management team. The role includes a wide range of technology-related activities, which are outlined below:
- Oversight of the company’s technology offering in the global payments marketplace.
- Primarily build IroFit’s mobile payment applications, secure payment-processing platform, and merchant management system via front-end and server-side technology.
- Hands-on software development and coding.
- Managing, leading and training the internal software development teams.
- Monitoring development against stated project roll-out plans.
- Reporting to the Board on project performance and potential risk.
- Liaising with internal and external advisors (where necessary) on completing development milestones.
- Presenting the company to new and existing investors, and other relevant parties, via events and roadshows.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Agile software development: DevOps, Scrum and similar lean methodologies.
- Knowledge of systems architecture, practices and techniques.
- Enthusiastic about running software development and operations processes.
- Excited about continuous learning and improvement.
- Knowledge of payment processing standards: PCI-DSS, EMV, ISO 8583.
- Previous experience with building mobile payment and/or retail software applications.
- Expert skills in server-side technologies: Java/Scala, Linux, scalable SQL database development, and back-end support for mobile applications.
- Familiar with front-end web development technologies.
- Previous experience managing tech start-ups using lean methodologies, and training junior developers.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Good professional written and verbal English communication and interpersonal skills- including developing and delivering presentations.
- Ability to communicate and interact with individuals at all levels and to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse company.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel on an international basis.
Candidate Profile: Our ideal candidates is highly motivated and able to provide evidence of being / having:
- A seasoned IT professional with exceptional project management, general management and leadership skills.
- Proven software development capability including front and back-end coding, workflow management, 3-tier applications.
- Competent when dealing with complex coding requirements.
- A proven ability to develop long-term workflow strategies, aimed at streamlining the development process.
- Exceptional technological awareness, particularly in the context of the mobile payments, retail software, and smart payment terminals sector.
- A high profile IT leader, with a demonstrable track record of successfully seeing every stage of software build-out (ideally within early-stage businesses), from software conceptualization and early stage programming through to employee management and strategic resource management.
- A robust self-starter with the desire to challenge the status quo in order to drive IroFit forward and ensure software development is delivered on time and on budget.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision when interfacing with stakeholders but who is also able to work with all members of the development and management teams as and when necessary to drive projects forward.
- A broad awareness of IroFit’s market sector, ideally from a hands-on perspective.
- Strong entrepreneurial instincts and ability to operate comfortably within a fast-paced, high-technology environment.
- Able to prepare key progress reports.
- Strong general management acumen and proven leadership skills with the ability to coach and nurture the talents of a small team of developer direct reports and manage the expectations of 3rd parties.
- Able to travel frequently within Africa, L. America, SE Asia, CIS.
- the chance to lead a star team that is changing commerce for billions all over the world
- a fun and open working environment where you can create awesome stuff
- an opportunity to learn and grow within the company. a competitive salary, with stock options